Northwest Avalanche Center: https://nwac.us
The NWAC app is a staple on many a northwest hiker’s phone, because it provides such reliable, up to the minute, trustworthy information about avalanche danger, weather, and snow conditions. The map is updated no less than once a day, and is based on thorough field research conducted by expert forecasters.
The NWAC website includes in-depth information on the following topics:
- Forecasts (avalanche and mountain weather)
- Education (register for classes, glossary of backcountry terms)
- Observations (reports, with photos, of numerous specific areas)
- Events (a calendar of upcoming events, workshops, and classes)
- Links (to weather stations, a radar and satellite index, and snow depth climatology)
- Accidents (incident reports of every reported avalanche in the northwest since 1998)
249 Main Ave. S, Suite 107-366
North Bend, WA 98045
Wendy Harrington is a California native who has lived in a small town at the foothills of the Cascade Mountains in Washington state since 2001. Her love of trail running and peakbagging has led her to summit all five Washington volcanoes, climb to the high points of three states, and put nearly a thousand miles a year on her boots. Her loves include ridgelines, saddles, granite, one-day pushes on big mountains, anything volcanic, long solo days, and objectives that push limits and test endurance.